Sunday, September 30, 2012

Ricotta Pesto Pasta

It's good to have stuff on hand that I can prepare quickly when I get home from work.  I decided to make some cheesy-pesto "sauce" for pasta, and put it in the freezer in small baggies.  All I have to do is think ahead enough to defrost them before dinner, and I can cook up the pasta to have with it.  The finished product of this could use a little more salt, and possibly a sprinkling of freshly grated Parmesan.  I encourage you to play with this sauce and make it better.  If you come up with something awesome, let me know. 

I am an idiot, and I got mixed up, and I labeled these as "Pesto-Risotto" sauces.  Not risotto, ricotta

Ricotta Pesto

1 cup prepared pesto
4 cups Ricotta (fat-free or not, whatever you want)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
* Warm water from pasta (just enough to make the cheese mixture a saucy consistency; add this when you're serving it, not before you freeze the baggies.  It'll heat up the cheese mixture a little, and give it a saucy consistency.)



Mix the ingredients in a bowl.  Divide into freezer packages, or use it all at once.  Save some of the pasta water from cooking your pasta and add a small amount to the cheese mixture to get to a consistency that seems right to you.  Add hot, drained pasta to the mix and stir it up. 



Add salt and freshly grated Parmesan if you like, and let me know if you perfect this!


No comments: