Monday, August 20, 2012

Last Hurrah


Well, I plan to start my refined-sugar-free diet in earnest in a few days, and last night was my last hurrah.  I feasted without giving thought to ingredients for the last time.  (Of course, this is assuming I can actually follow through and carry on with the sugar thing ...)

A flower large enough to wear as a hat to church on Sunday






 Up in one of the hill towns Northwest of here, there is an annual dinner to raise funds for the school athletic department.  They set up a long table across the Iron Bridge, seating 400 folks.  Food is provided by local restaurants and businesses.  Everything is deliciously amazing.  Last year I ate so  much I honestly thought something inside me might rupture. 


The table before the festivities.


Olive tapenade, cucumber salad, chipotle potato salad, pork ribs, grilled swordfish with papaya mustard salsa, cheesecake! 


Downriver
.

I meant to take photos of the food and festivities, but I was so involved in eating and enjoying everything that I didn't pull out my camera.  That's ok, it's better to experience life than to watch it through a two-inch screen, anyway, right?

No comments: