Saturday, December 1, 2012

Mint Chocolate Covered Patties

Today was a super painful day.  I had a bad night after my chiropractor appointment yesterday; kept waking up with a stiff / numb / sore arm and neck.  Then I overslept - which was so nice.  But oversleeping can destroy my back.  I usually live to regret that extra hour or so.  Today I slept in a full three hours!  So nice and cozy, but so dangerously bad for my day.

Before lunch I wrestled my snow tires (complete with rims) out of the basement of my landlord's barn and packed them into my car.  Later I scrubbed the bathroom floor and everything else.  The pain was really distracting and terrible, even as I sat and wrote a leisurely letter to a friend in Europe.  This idyllic snowy December day was kind of a nightmare.  

What's the solution to a nightmare day? 

Chocolate.  Dark chocolate.  




These tasty treats contain no refined sugars!  In fact, check out the short list of healthy ingredients: 

     The patties consist of: Dates, walnuts, cocoa powder, and coconut oil.
     The chocolate contains: Bakers Chocolate, coconut oil, maple syrup, and peppermint extract.

Yes, making these tiny nuggets of joy ruined my back even more.  But at least I was able to rest a couple of times, and at least my food processor made short work of some of the steps.  Find the recipe here.  (Her photography is much better than mine.)

So so yummy.

No comments: